Ryan J. Udell
Partner and Co-chair, Corporate and Securities Group
White and Williams LLP
Ryan Udell concentrates his practice on equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property counseling and transactions, and general corporate issues, with special emphasis on technology focused industries, such as software, healthcare IT, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical technology, and those that support such industries.
Employing scalability, Ryan offers creative and efficient solutions – be they simple or complex – tailored to suit his clients’ particular needs. Whether it’s an emerging growth firm or a multinational company, or an angel, venture or private equity investor, Ryan’s clients appreciate his willingness to leverage his extensive business and professional network in helping them achieve their business and financial goals, from formation to capital raising to procurement and operations to cross-border transactions.
Prior to joining White and Williams, Ryan was a law clerk to the Honorable Vincent A. Cirillo of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.
Ryan is a member of the Philadelphia Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth and serves on the new member committee. He is also an adjunct professor at Lehigh University’s Baker Institute for Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Innovation.
• Represented a Philadelphia-based private equity firm in its investment in a leading information and advisory services firm
• Represented an industry-leading provider of pharmacy benefit management services in its sale to a technology, connectivity and information solutions provider
• Represented provider of business and technology solutions in its sale to a strategic buyer
• Represented manufacturing company in its sale to a privately-held, diversified manufacturing company
• Represented national healthcare platform in round of equity funding
• Represented premier provider of business and technology solutions in acquisition of engineering firm
• Represented a multinational automotive supplier in the sale of its business to a Hong Kong based private equity firm
• Represented a multinational firm in the sale of its automotive leather wrapping business to Johnson Controls
• Represented a laboratory business in the sale of its bio-analytic lab division to Laboratory Corporation of America
Recognition & Involvement
In 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011, Ryan was named in a survey of his peers as a Pennsylvania “Rising Star” attorney by Law & Politics Magazine. In 2010 and 2011, Ryan was also named as one of Philadelphia’s Legal Elite, by Philadelphia SmartCEO Magazine.
Ryan sits on the Board of Directors of Federation Learning Services, a 100 year-old non-profit organization which operates early childhood education centers in the Philadelphia region. He is also a member of FELS’ Executive, Operations and Investments Committees.