Robert W. Fesnak–Co-chair
Retired Partner, Technology and Management Consulting
RSM US LLP
Robert Fesnak was a Partner and management consulting leader, PA/NJ at RSM US LLP. Bob has developed an extensive background in audit, accounting, tax, valuation and financial consulting for many public and middle market companies. He has over thirty years of experience with concentration in the manufacturing, technology, life science, service, real estate, wholesale, health care, private equity and leasing industries.
Bob was a partner at Fesnak LLP from 2004 to 2014 and previously a partner at Smart and Associates, LLP from 1990 to 2004. Bob also worked as an audit principal with Laventhol and Horwath where he served a diversified client base. Prior to his tenure at Laventhol and Horwath, he was a member of Grant Thornton. He has assisted companies with capital and operational budgets, cash flow forecasts, evaluations of cost accounting methods and business valuations. Bob has experience with the Principals of Lean Manufacturing. In addition, Bob has provided merger and acquisition services to both acquiring and target companies.
Bob has presented seminars on mergers and acquisitions, business valuations, accounting and related fields for national accounting firms, universities, the PICPA and various trade and professional organizations. Bob has been quoted in Business Week SmallBiz and has authored an article for the “Capital Growth Interactive’s Venture Guide” on valuing technology companies. Bob has co-authored books on valuation of companies in the “How to Start and Grow a Life Sciences Company” and “Intellectual Property in Consumer Electronics, Software and Technology Start-ups”. He has also appeared on “Money Matters”, a financial oriented cable program, discussing various financial planning strategies, and “Venture Talk”, a radio program. Bob is a former adjunct professor in the Executive MBA Program at the University of Sciences in Philadelphia (USP).
Bob is a former member of the investment committee for the Penn SE Mezzanine Fund, L.P., which provided mezzanine financing to middle market companies. He is a former member of the board of directors and former Chairman of the Audit Committees for both a hedge fund and for Eagle National bank. Bob was a member of the board of directors of the Greater Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT).
Professional affiliations and credentials
• Former Member––Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
• Former Member––American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
• Former Member––Executive Committee of the Pennsylvania Institute of Public Accountants – Greater Philadelphia Chapter
• Former Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and member of the Institute of Management Accountants
• Former Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) and member of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
• Former Member––Ethics Committee for Olympus America, Inc.
• Bachelor of Science, accounting, Temple University
• Master of Business Administration, concentration in finance, Temple University